Today we release our version 0.8 of Smartdex and open deposits to start building up strong liquidity for the full v1.0 release.
There will be deposit campaigns starting with the next v0.9 update in the coming week in order to build up a strong liquidity to be ready for the full v1.0 release. You can already deposit onto Smartdex to become eligible for the upcoming campaigns and get your early bird bonus.
How to deposit onto Matics Layer 2
To add Matic’s Mainnet, click on the Network selection dropdown and then click on Custom RPC.
It will open up a form with 2 tabs on the top, Settings and Info. In the Settings tab you can add the URL https://rpc-mainnet.maticvigil.com/.
Once you’ve added the URL in the New Network field, click on Save. You will be directly switched to Matic’s Mainnet now in the network dropdown list. You can now close the dialog.
First you need to log into Matic Web Wallet at https://wallet.matic.network/ and connect your web3 wallet to get to the landing page.
- You need to switch from “Ethereum Wallet” to “Matic Wallet” to deposit your funds to Matic Network. You can easily click on the “Matic Wallet” tab. Once you switch to “Matic Wallet”, you will see the “Deposit” and “Withdraw” options.
- By default, PoS is the selected bridge option for deposits and withdrawals. If you want to deposit MATIC / ETH you need to click the “Switch to Plasma” option.
- As stated above, you need to have MATIC tokens and ETH on the Ethereum mainnet. Without these, your transactions will fail.
- Please be sure to deposit MATIC tokens to the Matic mainnet, as MATIC tokens are used to pay gas fees on Matic Network. If you don’t have MATIC tokens in your account on the Matic mainnet, then you will have gas-related errors when you attempt to do ETH transfers on the Matic mainnet.
- Click on the ‘Deposit’ icon. You will see a popup with information fields where you can add the amount you want to deposit. Please ensure to deposit less than 9999 ETH or 9999 MATIC tokens only for now. This limit will be increased going further.
Once you have added the amount that you want to deposit, you can then click on the ‘Deposit to Matic Network’ button.
Note: You can switch to USD view by clicking on the toggle button. Also, if you want to deposit ETH instead of MATIC, you can just click on the ‘MATIC’ icon on this popup and then select ETH.
- Once you click on the ‘Deposit to Matic Network’ button, you will be asked for confirmations from Metamask. You will need to confirm the transactions in order for the deposit to successfully complete. There will be 2 confirmations from Metamask before the deposit transaction is complete.
Once the transactions are successful, you will see a confirmation message on your screen. You will also see a debit in your account with the amount that you deposited.
- Now that your transactions are successful, you can switch over to Matic Network using the Network Switcher.
Select Matic Network and click on ‘Confirm’. Your screen will refresh and you will now see your funds on Matic. If you still don’t see your funds, wait a couple of minutes and click on the refresh icon.
Have fun trading with Autonio!